Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:23:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
Cc:        ru@ucb.crimea.ua, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk

In message <199902191404.QAA08574@ceia.nordier.com> Robert Nordier writes:
: Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message <19990219122814.A65108@ucb.crimea.ua> Ruslan Ermilov writes:
: > : I suppose, you're talking about compatibility mode disk, are you?
: > : If yes, `fdisk -t -u' is supposed to test it, and `fdisk -u' -- to do it.
: >
: > That doesn't work.  That's kinda my whole point.
:
: The -u option is certainly intended to do this.  Do the parameters
: actually fail to change, or is it just that boot0 still doesn't
: work?

The parameters fail to change.  I can do a fdisk right after the first
one and they are still the same :-(.  fdisk -i or -u doesn't matter.
If I don't do a fdisk after the first one to verify, they still don't
change.

: FWIW, if the disk still won't boot, and you want to send me the
: first sector of the disk (MBR), plus the first 16 sectors of the
: FreeBSD slice (boot blocks), I can probably work out what's going
: wrong.

Cool.  Both FreeBSD and Windows aren't booting, so I think it is a
geometry problem.

Warner