Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:09:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Losing it.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Matthew Emmerton wrote:

:On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Jamie Bowden wrote:
:
:> I've searched the archives, and can't find my own post.  Neither can I
:> find the responses to it.
:
:The archives are updated weekly. :(

You can browse the entire archive from inception, but I was unaware you
couldn't search it that far back.  Mental note.

:> I know there are a pair of files you can point
:> the NT boot mangler at which contain FreeBSD's boot block and allow you to
:> add it to the WinNT boot mangler, but I can't find the actual files.
:
:I think there's only one file, and it's called boot.ini.

The file I was looking for was boot1, whose location I had forgotten.
Someone already pointed out where it's located.  It's not on the
installation CD, which is why I couldn't find it, as that's where I was
searching.  I now have FreeBSD booting from Win2k's boot manager (which is
just an updated version of NT4.0's) on my laptop.  I prefer it to the F?
style, as I can set a default instead of 'last booted'.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"