Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 19:27:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Chetty <chetty@sprynet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD....Install

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Chetty wrote:

> I am successful in installing either the X-user option or the kernel
> developer option, but not both. I have looked into custom option but
> could not find a way to include both kernel sources and x-user option.

The custom option is what you want.  It's a little confusing, but you
have to check the "src" distribution, which makes it look like you're
putting the whole thing on, but you will get a sub-menu that will ask for
the source distributions to install.  Then you can select the kernel dist
(sys) only.

If you want X, then go through that menu, checking what you want
(probably the basics plus the contributed binaries).  If you have the
space, adding the programmer dist (X11prog or something) will allow you
to build X programs.  It's not as big as you think.