Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:25:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
To:        Peter Edwards <peter.edwards@isocor.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: savecore before swapon?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Peter Edwards wrote:

> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >
> > :Or start allocating swap 'backwards' from the high block# on the disk
> > :downwards.
>
> How about _dumping_ to the end of the swap device, rather than hacking
> on the swap code.

Not hard. See NetBSD's code to set dumplo and call the dump function in
src/sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c. (I notice you have a dumplo variable
in that FreeBSD file, too, but it's never set.)

dev/scsipi/sd.c's sddump function starts the dump at offset dumplo
(FreeBSD's old scsi/sd.c does the same. I don't know where the code
in this file has gone to under CAM.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.