Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:27:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to mount by amd the filesystem mounted via amd remotely?

Hello,

As I understand the point of my message is not bug but error in
configuration. What map configuration should I choose for amd mount of
NFS directories which should be mounted by amd on the NFS server?
In particular, do I use proper mount type, nfs?

Say, I would like to mount CD-ROM which physically resides on host HOST to
several hosts in the net via amd. To do that, I use the following map
which is shared by all hosts:

/defaults     fs:=${autodir}/${rhost.}/${key};rfs:=${autodir}/${rhost.}/${key}
cdrom         host==HOST;type:=cdfs;dev:=/dev/acd0c;opts:=ro \
              host!=HOST;rhost:=HOST;type:=nfs;opts:=ro

Everything works perfectly locally. But when I try to access this
directory from other host, say HOST1, I see two possible situations:
- if ${autodir}/${rhost.}/${key} has not been mounted locally on HOST
  before, amd mounts HOST:${autodir}/HOST/cdrom to
  HOST:${autodir}/HOST1/cdrom but does not mount CRD-ROM itself, and I
  get empty directory.
- if HOST:${autodir}/HOST/cdrom has been already mounted on HOST locally,
  amd on HOST1 returns 'Permission denied'.

Please cc: your reply to me.

Thank you,
Alex