Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:21:53 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To:        "Craig Williamson (ENZ)" <craig.williamson@ericsson.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Freshports.org

On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 at 08:18:55 +1000, Craig Williamson (ENZ) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone used freshports.org to update your FreeBSD box.  I want to
> use the official release of Gnome2.0 with FreeBSD, but the only
> official ports for it (under freebsd.org) are the pre-release version.
> Also how often do the ports packages get updated.  Gnome and KDE have
> been sitting at the same rev for weeks.  Thanks in advance.

Freshports actually has nothing to do with updating your FreeBSD box.
It just tracks changes made to the ports tree.  The reason you aren't
seeing the latest ports on your system is because your ports tree is out
of date.  Update it using cvsup.  See the handbook for more info.

- jim

--
jim mock <mij@soupnazi.org>                            jim@FreeBSD.org