Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 19:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Mike Harshbarger <harsh882@uidaho.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound driver problem

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Mike Harshbarger wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:

> > > Is your DRQ correct and not conflicting with another device?
> >
> > 	Yes, it is.....  Because nothing else in my system has that DRQ,
> > or DMA....
>
> I've seen the same type of problem with my GUS-MAX when running s3mod.
> MODs *do* play, but I get tons of
>
> Jul 15 18:06:42 inertia /kernel: isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy
> Jul 15 18:06:45 inertia last message repeated 39 times
>
> which, right now, is just a minor annoyance to have fly by on the console.
> I see most of them occur when the sound samples are being written to the
> GUS' memory (512K on board). I've seen these errors for about a month
> now... from May 16th or so (the first occurance I have in my logs).

	Hmmm, my GUSMax has 1 meg on board... It worked until I used the
xcdplayer to play a CD through my NCR810 SCSI controller, then after that,
even reboots doesn't allow the card to work under gusmod or playmidi...

> 486/80 VLB, 8 megs, current as of Jun 26th.
>
> options         "GUS_IRQ=11"            #gus.
> device          gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 1 vector gusintr

	Hmmmm, it seems like the kernel defaults to irq 12 it seems and
it worked before... I think in DOS, my card is set to IRQ 11, DMA 5,6 and
DMA Channels 1....  Where did you get the options line from?

Vince