Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:27:00 -0500
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
Subject:   release packages and portupgrade

I installed from the FreeBSD 7.2RC2 DVD.  I added packages from the DVD,
from the ftp site using pkg_add and the release directory, and by executing:

portupgrade -NpPrR [package name]

I have not updated the system or ports that were installed from the DVD.

When I tried to install digikam (I'm taking another look at KDE stuff), I
noticed many warning messages that installed packages were of earlier
versions than required.

Does portupgrade install only the version of a package indicated by the
ports version?  Does it look for the latest version at the FreeBSD ftp site?

Thanks,

Andrew