Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 07:48:39 +0100
From:      Peter McGarvey <Peter.McGarvey@telinco.net>
To:        Summer Yip <summerip@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem on PPP

I had a hell of a job getting PPP to work.  It turned out that whilst
messing with my modem in my deep-dark win95 days, I ovewrote the modem's
default settings and sved them into NVRAM.  When I sent my modem the
correct init string and saved that into NVRAM it all worked fine.

As to the correct init string for your modem, RTFM.

I found it by dialing from a win98 box then checking the logfile :)

Of the top of my head I can't tell if this is your problem - but it can
hurt to check.

Summer Yip wrote:

> Hi~!I am new in FreeBSD,and i got some problems on
>
> the ppp connection...when i type in this..
>
> myname#ppp
> working in interactive mode
> using interface:tun0
> ppp ON myname>dial speed
> dial attempt 1 of 1
> phone 82080517
> dial OK!
> login OK!
> ppp on myname>Packet mode
> ppp on myname>
> then it disconnected...
>
> Here is the content of my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup
>
> #ppp.conf
>
> default:
> set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier LCP IPCP CCP tun command
> set device /dev/cuaa0
> set speed 115200
> deny lqr
> set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\ sCARRIER TIME OUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK
> ATE/Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT
>
> speed:
> set phone 82080517
> set login
> set authname xxx
> set authkey xxxx
> set time out 120
> set ifaddr 0 0
> add default HISADDR
> enable dns
>
> #ppp.linkup
> speed:
> delete ALL
> add 0 0 HISADDR
>
> MYADDR
> delete 0
> add 0 0 HISADDR
> !by /usr/X11R6/bin/auply/etc/ppp/linkup.au
>
> P.S please reply directly to me..thanks...

TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey, Unix Administrator
Network Operations Center, Telinco Limited