Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:58:00 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Michael DeMutis <maillist@2gen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named crashing

* Michael DeMutis <maillist@2gen.net> [010215 14:52] wrote:
> Could someone please explain the process to go from 8.2.2. to 8.2.3
>
> 8.2.3 is in the ports collection, /usr/ports/net/bind8
>
> However a usual "make install" does not work.  I still end up with 8.2.2.
>
> I checked the docs, there isn't much info on how to get rid of my old one.
>
> The old one is the one that came with my FreeBSD 3.X STABLE, so it runs
> from the default directory.

Well, if you cvsup to most recent 3-stable you should get the fixed
up bind 8.2.3 from a make world.  Otherwise if you simply download
the source and compile/install it goes into /usr/* however afaik
the port installs into /usr/local/* so you need to change your
rc.conf to say named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named" or wherever
it was installed to.

-Alfred