Date:      11 Jun 2002 14:47:59 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT question sorry but i need salution fast ....

At 2002-06-11T18:14:38Z, faisal gillani <fasi_74@yahoo.com> writes:

> well sorry fro this but i couldent find any other place to ask this
> question & i need the salution very badly this will gratly benift me well
> i have 2 ethernet networks running which i want to connect but the
> distance between them is above 400 meters .. so this is way beyond the
> normal lan hardware ..

I'm not saying that this is an ideal solution, but could you install a cheap
4-port switch (not hub!) every 100 meters?  Since switches generates signals
themselves, rather than just passing the original electrical signal, that
might extend your range sufficiently.

Anyone care to tell me if or why this is a bad idea?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/