Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:57:27 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fusefs-cryptofs vs fusefs-cryptofs

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> > I use file backed GELI fs in this manner. Of course you
> > can script it yourself, but I find the ez-jail handles my
> > requirements perfectly.
>
> Thanks, I'll look into using GELI.  I think if I do that, I'll have to
> mount the file system in the host environment at boot time so that it can
> prompt for the pass phrase properly, as there really isn't much of a
> "console" for each jailed environment.

The ezjail script includes the prompt for password when starting a jail.  It
prompts from the host console.  My backup setup is also a file backed GELI
fs mounted over sshfs.  That's a manual config outside of ezjail  One other
thing to note is that performance isn't jaw dropping to say the least, but
my setup is VM based and io speed isn't a large concern for me.  Your
performance results could easily be better than mine.

--
Adam Vande More