Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:34:35 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Gary Gatten <Ggatten@waddell.com>
Subject:   Re: you're not going to believe this.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:30:25PM -0500, Gary Gatten wrote:
> If it's fast enough to allow one to work unimpeded, has acceptable
> lifetime/reliability, and uses less power/generates less heat than
> traditional platter HD - I'd say it's a good solution.  It's not a one
> size fits all world.

	hm.  but then, the rhetorical question might be: Does any one thing
	fit everyone?

	seriously, i did check the specs sheet for this flavor of SSD.  the most
	noteworthy thing was the statement that this device lasts ten years
	before it fails to hold state.  the youtube video demo'd the narrator
	using windoze XP and editing a video, then task-switching and browsing the
	net.  it showed some girl talking; her voice was audible.

	i'll post the site if i ever find it, but i gather it was from dec, '08.

	gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php