Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:56:22 -0800
From:      Boris <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Apache security problem (chmod 777 problem)

Hello ,

I have a strange problem since today with my apache server. I tried a
little bit around with ssl and suddently after dropping ssl (not
needed) now suddently I need to chmod 777 to all htdocs or i get a
access denied on all webs.

Does anyone know what this could be? I canīt leave chmod 777 on all
webs and it was not needed 30 minutes before. I really donīt know what
this could be.

apache: 1.3.14
httpd.conf very normal nothing special
fbsd: 4.2