Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 18:43:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Turrin <mlt@linkzone.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>, Richard Balue <balue@olympus.apolloi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing . . .

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Studded wrote:

> Mark Turrin wrote:
> >
> > Is there a FAQ somwhere that walks you through the upgrade process.  I
> > tried to do it but ended up just reformatting and starting fresh.
>
> 	I've updated the "Upgrading from source" tutorial that's on
> www.freebsd.org. Check out http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/upgrade.html
> and let me know what you think. :)

Hello Doug,

I checked out the site and I think this information will be very helpful.
The process is explained very thoroughly.  My only concern was that the
complexity and time envolved to complete the upgrade.  It seems one has to
weigh the difference between installing fresh from CD or walking the
upgrade tightrope.  In many ways a fresh install is so much simpler and
faster if one has backups to restore user data from.  The sysinstall
program spoils you. :-)

Thanks for all your efforts.

Mark L. Turrin         Save the whales...collect the whole set.
mlt@linkzone.com