Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 23:00:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Henry Miller <hank@black-hole.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Jason George <jbg@masterplan.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: News Server

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I don't really see the need, people can pick it up someplace
> > and if they don't want it they can say no.
>
> Yeah, but Joel will send out rmgroup messages to all and sundry for
> anything which doesn't meet his (prior) approval.

right, but I thought the point of this was a private news system not
connected to USENET.  In that light, if anyone connects to usenet, and
probagates the freebsd.* groups they should get an rmgroup.  Of course the
servers want won't honor the rmgroup, but the rest of USENET will.

Connecting to USENET opens everything up to spammers.  If they refuse to
propagate our groups, that is good for us.

(I'm not trying to say that USENET is bad, but for those who want it stick
to comp.os.freebsd or whatever it is called now)

--
      http://blugill.home.ml.org/
      hank@black-hole.com