Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:44:08 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Nils Vogels <nivo+d+1108205709.2de5ab@yuckfou.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VRRP

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 11:54:57AM +0100, Nils Vogels wrote:
> Chris Knipe wrote:
>=20
> | Hi,
> |
> | Does FreeBSD have any support, or does anyone know of any open
> | source applications that can be used to get some form of VRRP into
> | FreeBSD 4.11 / 5.x?
>=20
> A quick make search learns:
>=20
> | cd /usr/ports
> | make search key=3Dvrrp
> Port:   freevrrpd-0.8.7_1
> Info:   This a VRRP RFC2338 Compliant implementation under FreeBSD
> Maint:  spe@b0l.org
> B-deps:
> R-deps:
>=20

If you're running 5.x-STABLE, then OpenBSD's CARP has been ported.  See:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dpfsync&apropos=3D0&sektion=
=3D0&manpath=3DFreeBSD+6.0-current&format=3Dhtml

(Yes, I know that man page is from 6-CURRENT.  They don't seem to have
5-STABLE manpages up on the site right now.)

	 Cheers,

	 Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Tilmanstone
Tel: +44 1304 617253                                  Kent, CT14 0JL UK

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--