Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: README.TXT and RELNOTES.TXT not updated before release tag?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Kent Stewart wrote:

> One thing I haven't seen is how or what do you do with ports. Do you
> rebuild in general or what?

Most ports will continue to Just Work as well as they did before (this is
even true across major upgrades, if you install the appropriate
compatability libraries). The exception is ports which dig their fingers
into kernel data structures (e.g. via libkvm) which may need to be
recompiled if things move around a bit.

Kris