Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 1996 17:47:03 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Nicholas M. Markiw" <nick.markiw@pyxs.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Infomrix on FreeBSD

> I am running FreeBSD 2.1.0.  I am trying to get Informix OnLine
>  5.03.UC1 and ESQL/C 5.03.UC1 running.  These are SCO 3.2.4.2 ports.
>  I have compiled a new kernel with the iBCS2 module support internal
>  and adjusted the > other kernel resources according to Informix.

I've done this very thing using the exact same versions that you're
using.  However, these versions require the SCO shlibs, and version
5.07.UC1 doesn't.  (I won't go into the long boring details of the grief
I went through to find that out.)

> The shared memory problems don't exist on Linux under their iBCS
> module.

Do you have shared memory support compiled in?

> Sqlturbo however, "Segmentation faults" on that platform.

It requires the SCO shlibs on Linux as well.

Nate