Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 20:02:54 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound still broken..

Since the newbus integration, sound has not working been for me.  I tried
again today with a current build, and it still does not work.  I am using
an Intel PR440FX which has an onboard Crystal 4236 sound system.

Basically, any audio playback sounds terrible.  With x11amp (or other mp3
players,) it sounds as though it is skipping.  When capturing audio with
fxtv and then playing it back, it sounds as though some audio is looped
back over every second or so.  RealPlayer constantly says it is rebuffering
due to net congestion and gives up with some error.

Is anyone else seeing similar problems?  I am really not sure about how to
go about looking for the cause.  I assume it is interrupt related, but I
really have no idea.

Chris Csanady