Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:59:25 -0400
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

The origin of the "customer is always right" is the newbie salesman
learning a lesson about how to make a sale. The problem is that
"making a sale" is not the only goal...and making sales to customers
that are likely to be unhappy (because they dont really know what
they need) is not productive or profitable. When someone starts
telling me they want to connect their async port to an eia-530 port
on a csu , or when they say they wont buy without source or that they MUST
have credit even though they have no credibilty, it time to get
off the phone.

One guy called angrily for 2 weeks (trying to get my superior)  because
he wanted a T3 board for Linux, and I told him that we probably wouldnt
support linux because I didnt think it could handle it.....who wants this
moron as a customer?

db