Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 08:34:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wd driver questions

> >    Could someone with more intimate knowledge of that driver spare
> > a few moments for a quick set of questions?
>
> That's not me :-), but wdgetctlr() seems to be the function to look
> at.

Heh heh heh... your fingers must be exhausted from answering all my
questions, eh Joerg?  :>

Actually, the problem seems to be in how the probe interprets the
results of the IDENTIFY command.  As such, it is possible for the
drive to currently be INITed to one particular geometry yet have the
probe report an entirely different geometry (as I had described in
my email).

Of course, I know just enough about this stuff to be considered dangerous
so I will have to tread carefully before recommending a patch...

As always, thanks!
--don