Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2006 04:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shteryana Shopova <shteryana@yahoo.com>
To:        DS@praxisvermittlung24.de
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, roam@freebsd.org, Nikolay Denev <ndenev@icdsoft.com>
Subject:   Re: BSD booth

--- Daniel Seuffert <DS@praxisvermittlung24.de> wrote:

> Dru schrieb:
> >
> > I met Nikolay at the BSD booth at Linuxworld
> Boston and he is interested
> > in putting together a BSD booth at OpenFest in
> Sofia, Bulgaria later
> > this year. Do we have any contacts in that part of
> the world who can
> > make sure that there is some FreeBSD swag at the
> booth? Please cc
> > Nikolay in any responses in case he is not
> subscribed to this list.
> >
> > Dru
>

> Hi Dru and Nikolay :-)
>
> The only FreeBSD I know personally in Bulgaria are
> Shteryana Shopova
> and Peter Pentchev; I cc'ed both of them.
>
> Last time I saw Shteryana at FOSDEM, Brussels, in
> February I gave
> her a bunch of FreeBSD-CDs to distribute them in
> Bulgaria.
>
> I would be glad if someone helps Nikolay organizing
> a booth.
The idea of having FreeBSD booth at OpenFest in Sofia
is great - I'll be glad to help and we'll find some
other people to help too.
> I can send him CDs/DVDs, posters and ohter stuff if
> he likes.
>
> It would also be if someone in Bulgaria could
> translate the
> stuff at http://www.allbsd.de/src/Flyer/FreeBSD/PDF/
> (Please
> note that we currently work hard to improve those
> flyers and add
> 10 more, work is progressing fast).
I can start working on translating the stuff in
Bulgarian - as far as I know OpenFest will take place
sometime mid October - plenty of time to prepare
Bulgarian flyers until then. I'll probably need some
instructions on file format and how to submit
translations and ...
> Of course I would like to see people translating
> those flyers to other
> languages... If you are interested feel free to
> contact me.
>
> Daniel

I don't know if Nikolay has mentioned that but there's
also a separate BSD-related track of lectures during
OpenFest - the so called local BSDCon and we were
hoping to trick some FreeBSD people into giving a talk
this year.

shteryana