Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 23:33:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@pernet.net>
To:        mail26586@alterdial.uu.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, al@ina.com
Subject:   Re: Search Engine for FREEBSD needed

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Jessica Devin wrote:

> I was considering excite but they have not released their FREEBSD
> version as of yet.

The excite serch engine will work with some hacking on the install
scripts.  Most notably, the version of perl shipped with it segfaults.

Be warned, the install will attempt to overwrite your existing version of
perl with the version it likes(despite what the docs say about not
overwriting any system files).  Once I installed, it works like a charm.

--
Neal Rigney, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net