Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:11:46 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        lcremean@tidalwave.net, "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycor@home.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cool, A White Snowy Christmas in Sunnyvale, California 8)

At 05:09 PM 12/20/98 -0500, Lee Cremeans wrote:
>Stuff like this is one of the reasons I plan to stick with good old 33.6k
>analog access...I've been running servers off this machine since mid-1997 at
>the latest, and it's nice being able to have a personal home page that can
>grow as big as you want it. The other reason is that cable modem access here
>is restricted at this point to the eastern side (Woodbridge, Lake Ridge,
>Dale City, Dumfries) of Prince William County, and to some test sites inside
>the City of Manassas. GTE does say DSL is available here, but it seemed
>pricey the last time I looked. I'll have to look again.

Ah I have www.droo.orland.me.us on a 56K Frame from Alternet--->University
of Maine.. That works out alright.. That's also my FreeBSD box.. runs DNS,
and all that.

I just don't dare dial into it because it's 6.4k/s when it's running, but
it drops out a lot.. I hate the FastComm EtherFRAD they gave us.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D