Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:50:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Dirk.Nerling@pdv.de (Dirk.Nerling)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel errors while trying to configure a ppp link

Dirk.Nerling wrote:

> I try to configure i4b to dial the cisco 1003 at my firm using PPP over
> chap.
[...]
> Do I need the the ipr0 at rc.conf - if so, why do I assign a IP address
> to ipr0 and later to isp0?  I have the ipr0 at my rc.conf like and later
> a ppp.sh with isp0 like described at the handbook.

IprN do IP over raw HDLC, ispN do PPP. You don't need to care at all about
ipr interfaces if you want to do PPP.

> Nevertheless if I dial I get the following errors:

This is the FAQ item no. 9, please check your hardware setup!

> Seems as isp0 will not be used and perhaps I have hardware errors?
> Although the Teles card intialized succesfully at startup:
>
> Mar 20 12:30:52 venus /kernel: isic0: Teles S0/16.3

The most important line is missing, it says which irq and memory and/or i/o
addresses are used.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...