Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 1995 11:47:04 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why the hell did sup remove many of my ports directories ?

It was a problem with supscan that I just corrected.  The patch
will be going into the sup port shortly, but you should be able to
SUP from freefall again.

>Hi !
>
>What's going on with sup ? When I tried to sup the ports
>collection, I got the following result ...
>
>SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file ports-supfile at Dec 10 14:45:10
>SUP Upgrade of ports-misc at Sun Dec 10 14:45:13 1995
>SUP Fileserver 9.13 (4.3 BSD) 12371 on freefall.FreeBSD.org at 14:45:13
>SUP Fileserver supports compression.
>SUP Requesting changes since Dec  5 14:22:16 1995
>SUP: Access denied to ports/misc
>SUP: Access denied to ports/misc/Makefile,v
>
>And so on....

I think we got the idea after the first few lines.  Please try
to cut down on your messages where appropriate.  We have many people
paying high connection costs to read this list.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations