Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:54:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mike Berning" <berninme@muohio.edu>
To:        <stest033@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Failed install of 4.7 on laptop...

Bob Johnson said:
>Mike Berning appears to have
>written:
>> When I attempt to install FreeBSD 4.7, or any 4.x for that matter, I
>> recieve this error during the initial boot.
>>
>> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor = 0x8086, dev = 0x2445) at 31.5 irq 11
>> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor = 0x8086, dev = 0x2445) at 31.6 irq 11
>
> Are you getting any other error messages or clues?  Is the error
> message above the last thing that appears on the screen?  If not,  what
> is?
>
> - Bob

Those two lines are the last thing that appear on screen, once it reaches
that point it simply sits there for eternity. I attempted to use the 5.0
current kernel and it stopped at the same point, however, it did recognize
that it was a multimedia device, and that it had no driver for it. I was
able to install Mandrake, without sound support, with no problems. Thanks
again for the help.
mike