Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 05:26:50 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more info regarding umount/panic

This is the best I can do until I can save a dump. Introductory C did not
prepare me for this carnage. Looks like a job for the Mobile Infantry! The
only good bug is a dead bug. :)

!! MEDIC !!

Upon trying to umount ANY filesystem I have been receiving a panic. Here is
the output to the console. If it looks kinda funny it is because it is hand
written.

Fatal trap 12:	page fault while in kernel mode

fault virtual address	=0x18
fault code			=supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	=0x8:0xf012e49c
stack pointer		=0x10:0xefbffef8
frame pointer		=0x10:0xefbfff58
code segment		=base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				=DPL 0, pres 1, def32, gran 1
processor flags		=interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 8
current process		=150 (umount)
interupt mask		=
panic: page fault

There is an earlier related post with a savecore/dump subject heading.

Thanks,
Jason Wells