Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 11:26:05 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Holger Lamm <holger@eit.uni-kl.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: microuptime went backwards on Athlon

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Dirk Zoller wrote:
        ^^^^^^^^^^
future seems not bright today.. :-)

> Now I see the system going nuts with zillions of messages "microuptime
> went backwards" in the syslog. Actually the system becomes unusable because
> it is so busy writing these messages.

Hmm, I get these messages from time to time, in packets of 4-6, and on
both systems: The first is a K6-2/400, board Asus P5A, running 4.0-STABLE,
the other is a 166 MHz Alpha (AXPpci33) under 5.0-CURRENT.

> At the same time the clock moves rapidly forward. Within a few minutes
> the output of the date command advances by several hours.

My clock seems all right. However, I only get these messages every hour or
so.

> I'm not sure when this happens but it seems to be start when
> the system is under load of a big compile job. I.e. I can use it for
Running distributed net client all the time.

Holger
--
    /"\
    \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Say NO to HTML in email and news