Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 00:04:38 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   new website: freshports - website for ports

Hi folks,

Some of you will already know about http://freshports.org as you've
been helping me along the way.  For the rest of you, this is probably
your first encounter.  If not, the rumour mill works better than I think.

FreshPorts is similar to freshmeat, but for ports.  It shows you what
ports have been recently updated and what ports have been recently
added. You can also select those ports which you wish to watch.
Eventually, mail notification will be sent out when a port on your watch
list changes (but not right now).

So please have a look, provide feedback, let me know what you think.
There's still some substantial work to be be done on this website, but I
think what's there will give you the overall idea of what can be done with
the site.

Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.  Offers to code the
improvements are even more welcome.

My thanks to those that offered support, encouragement, hints, clues,
and direction over the past few weeks.  I know I've learned more about
ports and php than I ever wanted to know... <grin>

take care
--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
http://www.langille.org/     |  http://www.unixathome.org/