Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:25:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        amvandemore@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qemu usb passthru

In article <u2g6201873e1004181403la4447a6dka27ef9c917b80275@mail.gmail.com> you write:
>What's the status of qemu passthru?  There are a few misc www tidbits which
>seems to indicate it works, but I can't get qemu to attach a usb device.
>
>8.0 RELEASE

 Well, usb host (passthru) code never got ported to the new usb stack
yet (the guy that did the old usb host port is busy with other things
now and there was no new `volunteer'...)

 There has been talk on the qemu list about porting the usb host code
to libusb 1.0 tho (which also exists for FreeBSD's new usb stack),
so _maybe_ there's some hope now.

 Cheers,
	Juergen