Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:39:40 -0500
From:      Tim <cyberlord@cyberlord.net.dhis.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mount_smbfs - Connection reset by peer

I have FreeBSD 4.6 RELEASE that I am trying to connect to two Win98 boxes=
=2E=20
I connect with:

mount_smbfs -I 192.168.1.4 -W @home //guest@slim/C /slimc=20

and can view the directory /slimc.
However, connecting with:

mount_smbfs -I 192.168.1.3 -W @home //guest@bugs/C /bugsc

gives me a Connection reset by peer error.

I can get to either win98 boxes from the other also, so I know the networ=
k=20
settings are at least correct for winnetworking. I have compared network=20
settings between the two win boxes and the only difference is IP and=20
hostname.

Yes, the drives are shared on both win boxes, :) and I turned off firewal=
l=20
temporarily too.

As a side note,   I was getting timeout errors until I compared network=20
settings and realized that the one computer didn't have NETBIOS over TCP/=
IP=20
turned on. That fixed the timeout error, now I get the dang Connection re=
set=20
error.  : /

Any other things I might be missing?

Thanks,