Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 02:09:54 -0300 (EST)
From:      "Bernardo M. Brummer" <bbrummer@ibama.gov.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dead boards

Hi !

I tried out 2 motherboards (486 DX100 Chinese clone and DX66 IBM) and
three ethernet NE2000 clones (Magitronic and no-name).

Boards work OK till I turn off the PC, then when I turn it on again it
freezes during boot when it looks for ed0. To get the system working
again, the quickest way is to: boot DOS, use the board's diagnosis utility
(boards passes without a hitch) and warm reboot.

What puzzles me is that we used these boards under 2.0 and 2.0.5 and
we never had any problems.

Regards,

Bernardo

Bernardo M. Brummer  		Tel: +55 61 316-1086
bbrummer@ibama.gov.br           Fax: +55 61 316-1060
IBAMA - SEPLAC