Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 14:35:48 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        ethanakins@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Kernel / RAID PDC20276

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ethan Akins" <ethanakins@hotmail.com>
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:20:04 +0000
Subject: FreeBSD Kernel / RAID PDC20276

I am looking for a pre-compiled version of the FreeBSD kernal with drivers=
=20
for the Promise PDC20276 chip!

fdimage, however by default does not include support for the Promise=20
PDC20276 chip. Also, I have browsed Google / Yahoo, etc... but had no luck=
=20
in the search.

If you could help me out with any advice it would be greatly appreciated.=
=20
:-))

Best Regards,

Ethan Akins
ethanakins@hotmail.com

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You don't need a pre-compiled kernel or any special
drivers.  4-STABLE Just Works(tm) with the PDC20276.

I'm running 4-STABLE (updated via cvsup over the
weekend) on an ASUS A7V333 motherboard, which uses
the PDC20276 chip as the onboard RAID controller.
My RAID-0 array shows up as ar0, with subdisks ad2
and ad4.  I did a normal installation, and that
was the result.

For additional discussion, see the thread re the
A7V333 motherboard that's appeared here in
-questions over the past couple of days.

If you have more questions, feel free to write back
with further details.

Jud