Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 00:36:31 -0700
From:      wes@intele.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting off SCSI disks when two IDE disks also installed.

I've recently added an Adaptec SCSI controller to my system, which
already has two IDE drives.  I would like to boot FreeBSD from the
SCSI disk, but this doesn't seem to be working.  I'm certain I have
the boot ROMs enabled on the SCSI adapter, and the SCSI drive contains
the GENERICAH kernel from the 2.1.0 CD-ROM.

So, why won't my system boot from the SCSI drive?  From the FreeBSD
boot prompt, I've tried hd(1,a) (which should be the "slave" IDE
drive, right?), hd(2,a), which causes the system to reboot, and
sd(0,a), which also causes the system to reboot.

I've also tried both booteasy and OS-BS.  Any help?

--
   Wes Peters	| Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
    Softweyr 	| The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder