Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 07:25:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        Postgres95 Users <postgres95@postgres95.vnet.com>, bsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: postgres & AppGEN. Last Q.

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Robert Chalmers wrote:

> Ok, I have evereything running it seems, appgen works with the
> binaries that come with it!! mystery, look like Linux to me.
> Anyway, installed pim and contacts in cgi-bin, but a call to them
> only results in a
> 	Error: Cannot connect to Postgres95
>
> from Netscape?

	This question would be better directed at the postgres95 users mailing
list, so I'm CC'ng my response there...

	My first question would be whether the cgi is setuid to  the owner
of the database, or, has the user nobody (what WWW generally runs as) been
granted permissoin to update/connect?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org