Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:03:14 -0700
From:      "Terry R. Friedrichsen" <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   window manager probs

I hope this isn't the wrong place for this, but I see no other Alpha-
specific group, and I'm fairly certain this is an Alpha-specific problem.

Which window manager do y'all use under FreeBSD/alpha (or /AXP, as it says
on the CDs)?  I'm trying to use vtwm, but it has problems; I see by the
mailing list archive (in a year-old message) that the problems have been
reported previously, but under a *different* window manager (afterstep,
which I hadn't heard of before).

(I just installed FreeBSD/alpha version 4.1 with XFree86 3.3.6 on an
AlphaStation 255/233 with an S3 ViRGE/DX 4 MB video board.)

It would appear that the problems are actually XFree86 problems, unless
several different window managers do things in the same incorrect way.

Does anyone use FreeBSD/alpha as an X platform?  Which window managers
are known to work/not work well?

Thanks for any help.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com