Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:53:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape doing strange things...

Hi folks,

well, today I installed some of the fonts from /usr/ports/x11-fonts. After
the make / make install procedure, I updated the appropriate files to make
the X11 see the fonts. No problem so far, everything ran well, and I can
now use the new fonts.

HOWEVER, Netscape 4.76 doesn't seem to like my new fonts, as, for unknown
reasons, it started to look a little strange after I installed them. You
can get a screenshot at http://www.tisys.org/misc/netscape.png. Have a
look at the text that *should* appear below the buttons...

Trying to solve the problem, I deleted my ~/.netscape and recreated it -
but without luck. Also, Netscape is the only program that exhibits
font-related problem, all other X-software is still working properly.

Any suggestions?

Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org