Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:57:43 +0100
From:      robin <robin.barooah@totalise.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA cards on a desktop machine.

Hi,

I'd like to use some PCMCIA card on a desktop machine running FreeBSD.
I'm aware that many laptops & pcmcia cards are supported by the PAO
package, but I haven't found any indication whether there is support for
desktop pcmcia adaptors or not.

I am running a 4.x freebsd, and initially want to use a compact flash to
pcmcia adaptor to access jpeg photos from a digital camera via a desktop
pcmcia interface.  I have come across the CardPort solo, which is an ISA
pcmcia adaptor, but I don't know whether this will be supported under
BSD.  I have also seen a PCMCIA - IDE adapter which would probably work,
but is unlikely to support cards which are not storage.

Does anyone know whether the cardport solo or another interface will
give me PCMCIA support on my desktop machine with FreeBSD support?

Thanks.

-Robin Barooah