Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 98 17:02:21 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        dhammis@verio.net
Cc:        john@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 3C509 card

Hello,

The ep driver is buggy, but I do use it with absolutely no troubles on
at least two machines (in fact, I had more machine with 3Com boards in
the past)
.
The big trouble with the 3C509 boards is the setup of the media and the
I/O address. I have a DOS-bootable diskette with a 3com-supplied
tool (its exact name is 3c5x9cfg.exe) just for this.

After setting this parameters installing and using FreeBSD went well.

(just my 0.02)

	TfH

> The driver for the 3com card has been known to be buggy for a long
time.  I
> myself have not been able to get it to work and I'm not sure of anyone
else
> who has.  If there is someone on the list who figured out a way around
it
> then please let us know.
>
> Try swapping out the card with a different type of card, preferably
Linksys
> or Intel and see if it works that way.
>
> --Damon

hostname"