Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:59:46 -0600
From:      "Butterworth, Thaddaeus (Manpower Contract)" <thad.butterworth@hp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <ppp@freeshell.org>, <edwardmh@pwaccess.com>
Subject:   Re: Devil Mascot

Peter,

Very funny. You nearly made me spew coffee all over my monitor.

=20

Edward,

As a committed Christian I have no problem whatsoever with the mascot. I
understand the obvious play on words between a daemon and a demon. Those
who would have problems with this mascot have other, deeper issues that
need dealt with. I think this quote says it all; "Those without a sense
of humor are at the mercy of the rest of us." I also agree with those
who have already mentioned that FreeBSD is not really driven by any
marketing schema. The reason I chose FreeBSD is because I found it
superior to Linux and Windoze, regardless of it's mascot.

=20

=20

=20

Sincerely,