Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:52:28 -0400
From:      Ryan Turner <freebsd@vt.edu>
To:        "David L. Vondrasek" <dallas.tx@airmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

When you are given a chance to enter the boot options, enter

wd(1,a)/kernel

That should get you in the first time.  So that you do not have to enter
that each time add it to your boot.config file.  /boot.config    It should
be the first and only line.

I am fairly sure that is correct.  I use SCSI instead of IDE, so I am not
100% sure.