Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:15:18 -0500
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, usa1142@kinkos.com
Subject:   [Fwd: Installing over network]

--------------9C2FFBB0F33747B563E2EAF1

Sorry to rick for the misdirection, I wasn't paying attention to who
this went to.

--------------9C2FFBB0F33747B563E2EAF1

Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 21:36:49 -0500
From: Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To: rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Subject: Re: Installing over network

you can get a fairly comprehensive, though sometimes cryptic and not always
perfect, FTP server called WAR FTP Daemon  from www.tucows.com.  It should do
the trick for a temporary server, but I don't suggest using it as a server
regularly.  Tucows has about a million mirrors, but here's a link to one of
the places to download it.  http://tucows.direclynx.net/adnload/dlwarftp.html

rick hamell wrote:

> > I would like to install freebsd onto a dedicated machine (which doesn't
> > have a cdrom) over my home peer to peer network. I have two windows95
> > machines connected through a hub. How do I get the freebsd machine to
> > install from the freebsd cdrom in the windows95 machine.
>
>         Well, I think you'll it'll be easiest for you to install the
> CDROM in to the FreeBSD machine. Other wise you're going to have to find
> and install a third party FTP server software for Win95 (If such a thing
> exists,) and see if Win95 will be smart enough to figure out that it's
> supposed to be sending files. :)
>
>                                                 Rick

Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate
I wish I knew, I wish I knew
what makes me, me, and what makes you, you.
It's just another point of view, ooo.
A state of mind I'm going through, yes.
So what I see is never true, ahhh.
-"I wish" Cat Stevens (Yusef Islam)
http://stuy.debate.net http://evilfred.home.ml.org yes they're different
icq #7434346                    aol imer E1101