Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:50:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        darrylo@sr.hp.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LVD transfer rate

 > sthaug@nethelp.no wote:
 >> There's your answer. The "Force SE Mode" jumper must be off, and you need
 >> a separate LVD terminator. The disk *does not* have a jumper-selectable
 >> LVD terminator. See
 >>
 >> http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/ddrs/ddrsjum.htm

 >      Going off on a tangent, will an LVD drive work in SE mode with a
 > plain wide SCSI controller (non-LVD)?  I've got the same drive
 > (DDRS-39130), and my vendor appears to have shipped me the LVD version
 > instead of the plain FW one.  If it does, I assume that the drive
 > doesn't have any termination, and I'll have to terminate the cable
 > myself.

It will work because it was my original configuration: I had the SE
jumper on (my first mistake) and I connected it on the wide connector
instead of the LVD connector (my second mistake). It worked also
without terminator.

Jean-Marc

--
 Jean-Marc Zucconi                    PGP Key: finger jmz@FreeBSD.ORG