Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:12:46 +0200
From:      Han Timmerman <han@TandG.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dougb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/31305: Pre-Installation from FreeBSD 4.4 CDROM hangs after  plip0 ... on ppbus0

Wow.... that was a real quick response! Thanks Doug.

To answer the outstanding questions:

1) Yes, all conflicts were resolved in the kernel config sessions.
2) No, I did not change any BIOS settings between the sessions.

I am currently trying a dirty trick by starting the installation with the 4.3 CD and
as soon as it displays the mentioned "Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices...." I
removed the 4.3 CD and inserted the 4.4 CD in the CDROM drive. Now I was able to
continue the installation without any problems and also the system reboots after
finishing the installation. After that reboot, the systems passes the "plip0 ...."
line but now hangs a few lines further with the message "ppi0 <Parallel I/O> on
ppbus0"

So, still stuck... and I probably have to stick with FreeBSD 4.3 unless you have
another good hint for me.

Best Regards,
Han

--
Han Timmerman                      mailto:han@TandG.de
Timmerman & Gerber GmbH            phone: +49 8254 8005