Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:44:12 -0500
From:      Dennis Favro <scqdaf@globalserve.net>
To:        dovydas@kada.lt, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD PPP to WinNT RAS

  I just fond this message in my outbox.  It looks like I'd meant to
send it a while ago.  Sorry, hope someone else answered it sooner.  :)

>   Thank you it (PPP) works now. I would like to connect to NT dialup
> server using encryption . How about chap or pap? Is there any
> pedantic primer?

  You'll need to modify the Windows NT Registry to use standard MD5
CHAP instead of Microsoft's perversion of it.  Hang on, I'll look the
tech note in Microsoft's support base...
<http://support.microsoft.com/support>;

Q186371 shows you how to add MD5-CHAP authenticated PPP users

Q136634 shows you how to use MD5-CHAP instead of Microsoft's perversion.  :)

--Dennis <mailto://scqdaf@globalserve.net>