Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:41:40 +1100
From:      Nick Slager <nicks@albury.net.au>
To:        Ian Fricker <ifricker@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Geforce 2

Thus spake Ian Fricker (ifricker@uiuc.edu):

> I recently installed freebsd. I have a Creative Labs 3D Annihilator 2
> with Nvidia's GeForce 2 chipset. It isn't supported, and I was wondering
> if you knew if there were bsd drivers for my card and where I can get
> them. I've looked several places on the web and haven't been able to
> find any, but maybe I'm overlooking something. If you need any more
> info, let me know. Thanks.

Please wrap your lines at ~70 characters.

There's actually no such thing as BSD drivers for video cards; all
graphics card drivers are part of XFree86.

The best place to start searching for compatible cards is at
http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status.html.

Bear in mind that nVidia have traditionally been less than helpful in
opening up the specs of their cards, so open source drivers may be hard
to come by. There's a couple of commerical X servers mentioned at
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/x.html#AEN3014 which might help.

Nick