Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:40:37 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Weird binutils error (libintl.h not found) in 5.0-CURRENT

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 12:26:09PM -0800, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> Saying that, I haven't use ENABLE_NLS anywhere.  This happened to me, a
> couple of weeks ago, but I had to go Germany, so I wasn't able to report
> it then.
>
> All my buildworld's use to work perfectly, but I am getting this problem
> for some reason which I can't seem to figure out.  Also, I downloaded a
> clean copy of the binutils tree, but I am still having the same problem.
>
> I tried this:
>
> #cd /usr/src/contrib
> #rm -rf binutils
> #cd /usr/src/supfiles
> #cvsup -L2 -g srcsup
>
> U binutils/...
> ..
> ..

The problem would be in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils (or some other
header you've installed).  I should ask I guess, what is the output of:

    which cc
    cc -v
    echo $CC

> But still.. the same problem occurs to me.  Shall I try with the copy from
> http://www.gnu.org and see if it works?

That will tell you nothing.  Your problem is the building of Binutils
within /usr/src.  We build it very differently than the stock FSF way.
Can you debug this more?  You know what appears to be defined.