Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:47:30 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>, Andrea Campi <andrea.campi@it.worldonline.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, josh@zipperup.org, robd@gmx.net
Subject:   Re: Junior Kernel Hacker Task: M_ZERO

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 09:07:48PM +0200, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> What about using something like
>
> #if defined(__FreeBSD__) && __FreeBSD_version >= 5xxxxx
>
> This would probably make it easier for multi OS code, and also make
> it easier to MFC some of the affected code into -stable ??

I think it's probably better to allow people to choose how to do
it in their own code. Justin has already asked that we hang off on
making any changes to the cam code until the M_ZERO flag is also
available in -stable.

Given that it is a relatively trivial change to add the M_ZERO flag
I presume it can be MFCed quite quickly. We don't need to merge
back the patch enabling it's use though. It's probably best kept
as a "forward compatablilty" thing.

	David.